Bad TheoryHammer: Errata and Clarifications

Bad TheoryHammer:  FAQs and Clarifications


(Image Credit:  SpikeyBits [but they probably got it from somewhere else, maybe?])


This will be a bit of a short post because I'm just going to go through the things and talk about them (and then I'll have to go through and edit my hot takes on some things after that).  I just wanted to put it out here for that sweet, sweet BlogSpot money!  Teasing, this is mostly just to keep a record of when my opinions changed and all that jazz.

So, let's get into the things that I'm going to have to change my articles on to begin with!

Chaos Daemons

Daemonettes just got a massive bump up in power, in my opinion.  I am now of the opinion that they may well be better than Bloodletters in a team with Pink Horrors.  They're fast, they don't take a penalty for having their Icon and Horn, and that's all amazing.  I really like them a lot more now.  I'm glad this was fixed.

Deathwatch

I still like them.  I like being able to give the Sarge a Power Sword and Bolter.  I don't think it means a whole lot, but hey, it's nice.  It's not like they're competitive, but hey, it's something.

Hunter Clades

I am so glad that the Errata fixed Ruststalkers!  Suddenly they become viable.  Now, while this does prove the guy who was arguing with me correct, I'm glad to be proven wrong here.  I can't go off what "should" be, but what is (except in really weird cases, like an IG Gunner getting a 3+ Save).  This makes them a LOT more viable.

Blast

I'm glad this was cleared up.  I'm also glad this means that weapons that have a potential Blast profile can use their non-Blast profile for Overwatch.  This might change my opinion on a few things weapon-wise.

Kommandos

Luckily I didn't talk about Dynamite Dash, because I was being dared to do it all in Ork speech, but I'm glad this change happened.  It was rather annoying to have to deal with in general and made no sense.

Outside of that, there's not much for me to talk about here.  Just wanted to give my thoughts real quickly while I went through the things I'm definitely going to have to look at and re-do a bit.

And yes, I still don't like WyrmBlade.  Doesn't mean they aren't good.  I just don't like them.  Deal with it.

Comments