Bad TheoryHammer: Thousand Sons

 Bad TheoryHammer:  Thousand Sons


(Image Credit:  GW)

You get this as your only picture today.  I know, I know, I'm late.  I don't care. I went out with Auntie last night and watched Spider-Man (by the way, I really liked it) and now she is running errands while I do chores.  I may put a picture of Tzaangors somewhere.  WHO LIKES TZAANGORS?

(Image Credit:  GW)

There.  You got your picture.  I'm sorry I'm a day late on Controversial Week.  I had to do some stuff that you know, husbands do with their wives (SORRY CHILDREN!) and you know, that's more important than a blog that I've paid for and not a single one of you have given me even a beer for (they have been offered!).  I'm teasing.  Seriously.

So, please keep in mind, I don't like Thousand Sons.  This is going to be another silly post just to get it out of my system.  I do not like a Kill Team with a base 11 activations, and I think Tzaangors are just a little better than Poxwalkers and far more ugly.

I'm going to be completely honest here.  I don't think spending APL to grant APL is a good idea.  I don't like how Thousand Sons work.  This is entirely my personal opinion and if you disagree, good for you!

So let's get into it.

Operatives

Aspiring Sorcerer


(Image Credit:  GW)

I remember when Ahriman looked cool.  Also, isn't it weird that TS gets an "aspiring" Sorcerer while the Warp Coven (LATER!) gets actual ones?  That's just messed up!

This is one of those funny things.  You don't really have an option  Throw a Plasma Pistol on him and call it a day.  You have to take one (okay, maybe not, you're going to), so do it.

Rubric Gunner

Yeah, I lied about the pic because Ahriman is so weird!  You're going to take one, it is going to have a Soulreaper, you're going to feel okay about that.  Also, see below.

Icon Bearer

Sometimes there is absolutely no reason not to include an Operative. This is one of them.  You're always going to be thankful it is a around (sorry, dust does not get a gendered pronoun unless it asks for one).  It is a thing that boosts your Sorcerer who is Aspiring, so you're going to use one.  Also, see below.

Warriors

Bleh.  They are boring as all getout and why I hate Thousand Sons.  Two APL for a Marine?  That I can only take a handful of?  I don't care if there are ways to increase their APL  THEY ARE BAD!  BAD.  They are the bad smell, the bad taste, the very worst!  I do not like an 11 APL team to begin with!

Tzaangors

I DO NOT LIKE THEM, SAM I AM!  I DO NOT LIKE WEIRD BIRDS WITH HAM!

I know, I know, I should go into more detail on stuff, but jeez, this is a team I dislike, a set of Operatives (ALL OF THEM) I dislike, so why bother?  Give me a bit of a break.  Spider-Man was really good.

Psychic Powers

Who cares?  You're going to shoot with your plasma pistol all the darned time.  I'm going to be honest with you.

Doombolt is okay.  It ain't bad.

Firestorm is a grenade.  Useful.  Yay.

Giving up one APL to give someone else one?  That's...  not worthwhile ever.

Twist of Fate is just bad.

Equipment

All-Seeing Eye is actually really cool.  Basically giving your horrible APL 2 Marines GA 2 ain't bad.

The Scroll is also not a bad idea.  Beyond that, who cares if your robots punch harder?

Ploys

You are -4 CP from the start.  Sorry, that's more or less the truth unless you want to argue that losing is okay.  If you aren't using Sorcerous Automata, you're basically a slightly better Heavy Intercessor THEY DO NOT EXIST Kill Team.  That sucks, because, you know, whatever.

Stratagems

I SEE SECURITY!  Might as well try for it.

Not doing a sample here.  Play Warp Coven (more on that later when I'm not full of bile).

Comments